In case you haven't, or wish to dive deeper into Lent, here are some ways you can make the most out of your Lenten Journey.
Click on the graphic to download the flyer and check out the details, additional ideas and links below.
Attend a class at Holy Family — there are many to choose from:
Read a good Catholic book for 15 minutes each day
· “The Sacraments” – your Holy Family Church Christmas gift!
· Formed.org e-books (you don't need a Kindle or a specific e-reader to read these)
Watch great Catholic content on Formed.org Code: C2DMVM
Attend RiseUp! Catholic Men’s Conference March 23 at Holy Family
Attend eXaLT Eucharistic Adoration Sunday, March 10 6:15pm
Read 15 minutes of the Bible and try Lectio Divina to meditate on the Word
Attend Stations of the Cross at Holy Family
Celebrate the Sacrament of Reconciliation
Pray the Rosary Try an Intentional Rosary with a prayer intention on each decade or bead. Check out this How-to video on the Rosary
Support Catholic Relief Services Donate your spare change to “CRS Rice Bowl”
Embrace 40 Days of Gratitude Call, email, text or write 40 people who have made a difference in your life
Spring Cleaning for a cause Go through your home, and donate 40 items to a charity, such as St. Vincent de Paul
Visit the hospitalized and homebound
Abstain from meat on Fridays, as well as Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. (Reflection on Lenten Fasting)
· Randomly fast from things that bring you pleasure. For example: coffee; soft drinks, sweets, TV, social media. Or replace your hot shower with a cold one!
Ask yourself some tough questions to spark Fasting ideas. These might include:
· What habits do I engage in that are destructive to my spiritual health?
· To what material things am I too attached?
· What areas in my life are unbalanced?
· To what do I devote too much or not enough time?
Click on an image to reach a PDF that has links to all events.
|Do something with your family each day to make Lent better||Holy Family's Top 10 ways to advance your Lenten journey.|