(Infants/Children 7 years and younger) call for information if your child is over seven years of age.
What is the process to have a child baptized at Holy Family Catholic Church?
- Must be a registered parishioner at Holy Family for a minimum of three months.
- Must first make an appointment to meet with Sr. Linda Gaupin, CDP, Parish Ministry Coordinator by calling the parish at 407-876-2211 Ext. 209. [No walk-ins please].
- Parents are required to attend a baptism preparation class. Classes are normally scheduled once a month. You will be registered for a class at your appointment with Sr. Linda. If you have attended a class within the past two years prior of the desired date of baptism, you will not need to take the class again.
- All paperwork required for your baptism must be submitted two weeks prior to your requested baptism date before the date can be confirmed.
What are the requirements for Godparents?
- Before you invite someone to be a godparent, please make sure they fulfill the Church’s requirements for godparent. The requirements are:
- Must be at least 16 years of age;
- Must have received the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist;
- If married, must have been married in the Catholic Church [or had their marriage sacramentally convalidated];
- Must be a practicing Catholic by regularly participating in the Sunday Mass and reception of the Eucharist.
- May not be the parent of the child receiving baptism.
- Godparents are required to attend a baptism preparation class at their parish.
- If the godparent is not a registered member of Holy Family Catholic Church, then the godparent must obtain a letter from his/her parish stating they are a Catholic in good standing and have attended a baptism preparation class.
- Normally there a two godparents, one male and one female. Only one godparent, however, is absolutely required.
(The New Parishioner Registration packet can be obtained and filled out in the parish office or at the Welcome desk) (Office Hours =Mon thru Fri 8:30AM-5:00PM)
May we have our child baptized in a different parish?
Parishioners of Holy Family Catholic Church may wish to have their child baptized in a different parish within or outside of the diocese for a variety of reasons. The parish church where the baptism will occur will generally require the following information:
- A Letter of Permission from Holy Family Catholic Church confirming that you are a registered member of the parish and have attended a baptism preparation class.
Contact the parish office to request this letter. Please provide the name and address of the parish where the baptism will take place along with the name of the pastor of the parish.
What if it is an out-of-parish baptism at HolyFamily?
You will need to provide the following information to Holy Family Catholic Church:
- A “Letter of Permission” from the parent’s parish and proof of attendance at a baptism class to have the child baptized at Holy Family.
- Required documentation for godparents.
- Fill out a yellow “Data Request for Baptism Register” form here at Holy Family. This form can be obtained from the Holy Family parish office.
- Godparents must meet qualifications as listed above.
- There is a $25. Fee for Out-of-parish baptisms.
What is the schedule for the Baptism preparation class?
Baptism preparation classes are scheduled once a month throughout the year. Registration for the classes is done through Sr. Linda when she meets with the parents.
Where? Baptism preparation classes are held in the Church.
Length: Approximately 1 ½ hours to 2 hours.
Children Allowed? Yes. If you absolutely cannot arrange babysitting.
When are Baptisms celebrated?
Baptisms are celebrated once a month on select Sundays.
No baptisms are scheduled during the seasons of Advent and Lent.