Time/location: Wednesdays, 7-8:15 p.m./Upper Room B. Dates: Nov. 28; Dec. 5, 12, 19; Jan. 2, 9, 16.
Facilitator: Dcn. Richard Dodd.
In this course, we study the book Jesus and the Jewish Roots of Mary. In this book, Dr. Brant Pitre examines the Blessed Virgin Mary in a whole new way. Using his in-depth knowledge of the Bible and ancient Judaism, Dr. Pitre uses his familiar voice to answer important questions about the Biblical understanding of Mary and the Church's teaching on her. This book will explore questions like:
– Are Catholic teachings on Mary really biblical? Or are they the "traditions of men"?
– Should she be called the "Mother of God," or just the mother of Jesus?
– Did she actually remain a virgin her whole life or do the "brothers of Jesus" refer to her other children?
– By praying to Mary, are Catholics worshipping her?
– And what does Mary have to do with the quest to understand Jesus?