Youth Ministry's mission is to empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ engaged in the life and mission of the Church. Acts 2:1-4
Contact: Gayle Zambito at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Catholic Youth Ministry? CYM is everything that a parish community does to engage young people into the life and mission of the Church. It is a ministry for, by, with and to young people in grades six through twelve. Holy Family follows the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops' document on comprehensive youth ministry, Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry.
The Eight Components of Comprehensive Youth Ministry
- The Ministry of Advocacy: giving voice to the young church
- The Ministry of Catechesis: increasing the faith knowledge of teens
- The Ministry of Pastoral Care: providing care during times of crisis, promoting positive strategies for development
- The Ministry of Evangelization: sharing the Good News
- The Ministry of Leadership Development: calling forth the gifts and talents of teens and empowering them to share them
- The Ministry of Community of Life: building the Body of Christ through positive relationships
- The Ministry of Prayer and Worship: recognizing and nurturing the relationship teens have with God
- The Ministry of Service and Justice: calling young people into the life and mission of the Church
Want to get involved? Youth Ministry has an open door and young people are welcome to step into the ministry at any time. Friends, Catholic and non-Catholic, are welcome to join us. For return visits, a registration form will need to be completed. All forms are available here.
Parents matter… a lot! The National Study of Youth and Religion has shown that parents are the most important factor in the faith lives of adolescents. Additionally, the Catholic Church recognizes that parents are the first formators of their children's faith. With that in mind, Holy Family youth ministry welcomes and encourages parental involvement. Parents who feel called to join in this ministry may call the youth office for more information.