Our ministry makes the sacramental Baptismal Bibs which are gifted to infants during their sacrament of Baptism. It is a simple white bib with a golden cross stamped at the center. This bib symbolizes the freedom from original sin and gives a nice remembrance of the Baptismal Day from the Holy Family Catholic Church Family.
Our ministry welcomes all who are interested in helping to make these beautiful mementos of Baptism. If you are able to sew by hand or machine your talents are welcome.
Listed below are the tasks required to make these bibs and the supplies needed to help.
Our members meet once a month from September to May. It is a two-hour session on a weekday morning. We often go to lunch together afterward.
Our ministry is financially self-sufficient. Our members hold an annual bake sale during the Lenten season to raise money for the materials needed for making the bibs. This requires making baked goods and participation during the sale itself.
Please contact us for meeting information if you are interested.
Bib making tasks are:
- – Preparing the fabric requires a nice sharp scissors.
- – Sewing the fabric requires your own sewing machine and plenty of white thread.
- – Hand sewing requires sewing needles for fine white cloth, white thread, and scissors.
- – We provide the pattern and markers for outlining the bib pattern on the cloth.
- – We provide the iron for pressing.
Contact: Judy Birschbach, 920-731-9197 (land line), or email: firstname.lastname@example.org